What is a sustainable caterer?
We purchase as much as we possibly can for your party or event from local sources. We shop farmers’ markets or go out to local farms for our produce, oils and vinegars, eggs, meats and cheeses and make everything from scratch wherever possible. Recycling and composting are integrated into every party. Making our food the way we do and purchasing our products from local producers keeps our waste and packaging at a minimum. We love being able to fill only one small trash can a week!
We offer full service as well as rental services. When dishes are not appropriate for a party we supply compostable plates, utensils and napkins to minimize stress on the landfills.
We start and operate school gardens and we use food scraps in the compost for the gardens. This adds an educational component to our sustainability teaching students not only how to build a garden from an unused plot of ground, but also to grow food and to cook and prepare the food they’ve grown.
We like the cycle and hope you will too.
Sophisticated, creative, handmade food, crafted specifically for you.
Call for information on catering quotes and gardens.
Seasonal Offerings (a sampling)
Food sourced locally with emphasis on organic
|Holiday Cocktail Gathering and sustainability
- Hot crab, sweet onion and Meyer lemon dip w/ baguette
- Fresh made Foccacia bread w/ caramelized onions, roasted butternut squash, gorgonzola and local toasted walnuts
- Smoked salmon and curried deviled egg Crostini
- Grilled prawns marinated with citrus, Greek olives and fresh oregano
- Brie bites w/ puff pastry and homemade fig and blackberry jam
- Roasted lamb, oven dried pesto open faced small sandwiches
- Rocky Road brownies
- Assorted cookies
- Fresh Dungeness crab quesadillas w/ smoked mozzarella and jalapeñ
- Rosemary Foccacia w/ caramelized onions, toasted walnuts, figs and gorgonzola
- Oven roasted tomato and Prosciutto tarts w/ garlic marmalade and thyme
- Artichokes and olives marinated w/ lemons and oranges
- Grilled prawns w/ a roasted garlic, citrus and herb vinaigrette
- Pesto and goat cheese tortes w/ seeded croutons
- Apple crisp w/ honey sweetened mascarpone